leanhaus can provide design and construction in line your aspirations and budget.
Every project is unique and may require a different level of service. We aim to be flexible to help you get the best result:
New Builds and Alterations & Additions
Pre-Purchase Site and Project Due Diligence
Concept Design Services
Full Design & Documentation
Fixed Price Construction
Sustainability assessment of an existing design by others.
Passive House Assessment and Consulting
Custom Interior Design
WE design and deliver homes to three levels of performance:
We design you a solar passive home with minimum 7 star NatHERS rating. Typical features include:
- high levels of continuous insulation
- double glazed windows.
- no airtight membrane or testing provided*
-air conditioning optional
-this is the most cost effective option whilst still achieving a new home with good performance.
*NatHERS assumes a building leakage rate of 5 air changes/hour at 50 Pascals pressure (ACH50), but the results of extensive testing reveal the average leakage rate to be up around 10 to 15 ACH50 (CSIRO, 2012);
We design you an airtight home optimised to near Passivhaus standards, but do not seek certification.
- high levels of continuous insulation.
- thermal bridge free construction
- tested airtight to at least 3.0 ACH50.
- heat recovery ventilation
- UPVC double glazed windows
- additional heating or cooling is optional but may not be required.
- Expect energy savings of around 75% or $2000pa compared to equivalent 7 star home
Same construction and detailing as our Leanhaus but certified by The Passivhaus Institute, Darmstadt, Germany.
- tested airtight to <0.6 ACH50.
- an independent passivhaus certifier validates that the design and construction of your home meets the stringent PH1 standard.
- the Passivhaus certification provides indisputable proof that your home is designed and built to the highest standard.